LOVE + MONEY
Make Money by Making a Difference
So what does love have to do with making money?
In most cases, everything.
Sure there are times you order a product online with no interaction or you may even buy something from a rude or checked out sales rep, but more often than not, our experience and therefore our feelings have everything to do with our purchases. And love being the positive emotion, it is at the core.
Let’s imagine that you would like to make more money and/or close more sales.
Being great at sales is synonymous with being great at service. And from my perspective, I like to focus first and last on service and then the sales and money are a natural byproduct.
Adding value to others, seeking to understand & meet their needs, and coming to all your business relationships with the intentions of serving your clients, is the sign of a true leader, a top performer in sustaining sales success.
Oftentimes when money may feel scarce or may be tight, it’s easy to move into fear and anxieties about money…which may push us to want to “sell” more to others. We may get pushy or desperate (a future newsletter in the making) and we ultimately disconnect ourselves from love, trust of life, and the Universe as Marianne would say in her teachings as well.
If making more money is one of your goals this year, then get focused and get centered in love, service, and adding value.
- How can I make a bigger impact for my existing clients?
- How can I go the extra mile in my customer service?
- Who and how can I serve today?
When we show up to serve others, when we focus on making a difference in others lives and in solving their problems, we create value in us and in the relationship. Which in turn, will put money in your pocket.
Now sometimes I may serve someone and they don’t choose to move forward – that’s okay – I know that if I’m doing my part to serve, add value, and CONTRIBUTE to the planet, then I’m always depositing in my “karma bank account” and I always trust that for me God (you may label your higher power differently) will always provide for me – and He does.
Just today I had a coaching session with a successful gentleman who has recently gotten “stuck” in his sales process and ultimately no recent sales transactions. His stress level high, his brain trying to figure out what was “wrong”, and he was agitated that the work he was doing wasn’t paying off. As I probed and asked several questions, it became clear to us both that his energy was off in his business. He was stressed, frustrated, and resentful – all repellents for sales and money. His assignments – reconnect to fun, service, and his spiritual core to realign.
Does that sound like some woo wow advice or what?
We did address his sales funnel and price points too for skillset – yet when one’s mindset and energy is thrown off, skill becomes irrelevant.
Think about it – no one is buying more stress, frustration and resentment, right? (Imagine that for a moment and you’ll laugh).
So if that is where you are at and that is what your prospects are picking up – they aren’t buying.
One of my mentors, Jack Canfield, use to tell us, “You can’t put nail polish over poop.” Now that’s quite the image, but the teaching is so true. Putting a smile over your disconnected, stress emotions won’t hide the energetic truth of how you’re feeling.
So take your power back. Reconnect to SERVICE in your business, life and sales. Focus on adding value and making a difference. Money follows difference makers – have you noticed?
A thought I really enjoy by Earl Nightengale…
“We get rich by enriching others”
How can you serve more?
Add more value?
Stand out by going the extra mile?
One of the most poignant teachings I heard last weekend from Marianne comes directly from her book.
“Purity of heart is the engine of wealth creation.”
Think on that one.
Meditate about it.
Let it sink in.
That’s what I call a soul stopper. (hee hee I couldn’t resist!).
But indeed true.
Our hearts and ultimately our love is what fuels our creative processes and governs how we show up in this life – in business, sales, and in our money.
And the good news is that no matter what the economy is doing, trends are predicting, our successes, our struggles – we can choose to show up and add value wherever we go, in every sales conversation, and in all of our relationships and create an abundant life for ourselves.
Cheering you on!
Committing to Your Goals
New Year’s Resolutions.
Do you love em or hate em?
Regardless of how you feel about them, it’s estimated that by January 24th of the New Year, 92% of people have abandoned them. Big time commitment issues, right?
Yes. And perhaps the ever bigger issue is that for most people they set themselves up to fail with the following common challenges:
- Set pie in the sky goals = unrealistic
- Set goals that are all or nothing = perfect or bust
- Set goals that are vague = lack of clear direction
Can you relate to any of those challenges yourself?
I know I’ve been guilty of them as well myself. I use to have the running joke that my New Year’s Resolutions could be the same list laminated and simply change out the year with a dry erase marker.
But regardless of the negative stigma attached to New Year resolutions, I do believe in goals with all my heart. I am a huge fan of having goals and I’m a bigger fan of having realistic action steps that feel doable to follow through on.
Goals to me are like the guideposts or lighthouses if you will that guide my path and grant navigational points that assist me to consciously create the life and results I desire.
So here are a few tips that help me create goals that I can truly COMMIT to…
- Decide what I want. Sounds simple, right? You’d be surprised of how often people are not clear on what they want. They can rattle off a list of things they don’t want, are sick & tired of, etc. yet consider, are you focused and clear on what you do want to have?
- Pick SMALL goals to support a large vision. Yes there are lots of things I want to achieve – amazing health & vitality, publish a book, enjoy loving relationships, triple my sales, travel to Paris, etc. We all have dreams and visions, yet when it comes to goals, focus on specific, smaller goals that you can follow through on. For instance, one of my health goals right now is that I have greens everyday in my nutrition. It’s clear and specific…and most importantly, DOABLE. It’s something I can commit to on a daily basis. I am green juicing every single day and I’m feeling amazing. So consider what would be the small steps to do on a daily/weekly basis that create the outcome that you want? This is a million dollar question my friends. I’d copy & paste it somewhere if I were you! By small and simple things are great things brought to pass.
- The accountability factor. If you know that commitment issues with your goals is huge for you, increase your odds of success 1000% with some added nudges from accountability sources. This could be hiring a coach, creating a mastermind group, or teaming up with an accountability buddy. A good friend of mine has said, “Accountability, not ability, determines your results.” If you want different results, create the support structure that will help you get there. For me, I participate in two masterminds and two accountability partnerships – each provides accountability along with different strengths for all my goals and desired changes. When in doubt, get support!
Look, there are plenty of great resources out there that are teaching these similar things, right? The real deal is to ACT upon them. So you know where you struggle and where you shine.
So for you, what do you need to commit to?
What are you putting off, excusing, hiding from in your life?
And is that what you really want? Truly?
Change can happen at anytime we choose. That could be right now! This very instant you can put your life on a new path.
In creating change, my best coaching advice is to pick ONE thing that you’re 100% committed to. You don’t need to take on 20 new changes at once – just ONE. What’s that ONE thing for you that you will commit to you to create the outcome you desire?
Commit to it. Give your whole heart to it. I’ve found that the decision is the hardest part of change. Once the decision is made, the commitment & follow through are much easier. It is a complete struggle when I am on the fence with something or knowing that something is a “good idea” yet have no resolve.
“There are many ways to cross the river –
you just must have both feet in one boat.”
– Zen Proverb
Our commitment level is always reflected in our results.
My focus for first quarter are two major changes for my health: no processed sugar for 90 days (I’m 22 days and counting!!) and green juicing every day! I’ve done both every day this month and I’m feeling so clear and energized (another article to share in detail). I’m choosing to state this in public, to you, to increase my own accountability. And like I just said above, the decision on both choices was the hardest part. It’s easy to follow through because there is CLEAR commitment in my life.
This is my example of simple changes. What is yours? What will be yours?
Your VERY best life is waiting. Not your mediocre life. Your BEST life – the one you deserve, the one that flashes glimpses to you every so often, the one you know is yours to be claimed.
Firm up your resolve and COMMIT to yourself your simple changes and goals.
Great results are in store for you. Will I see you there?
Cheering you on!